The Campeau Drive Extension project is well underway. Unlike many other projects, the Province has not suspended work on this project due to COVID-19. The city is continuing to work closely with the contractor to ensure strict safety measures are being followed.
Ground broke for this project in January 2020. To date, the crews have been hard at work on many tasks, including:
- Earth excavation, site grading, and granular work for new roadways.
- Placement of lightweight fill material used to prevent roadway resettlement due to soil shifting.
- Utility installation.
- Commencement of watermain and storm sewer installation.
- Work for Carp River Bridge including east and west supports, forming for bridge deck, concrete frame, and foundation work.
In the coming weeks, the following work can be expected, weather permitting:
- Continued earth excavation and granular work.
- Storm sewer and watermain installations.
- Utility installation, including new street lighting.
- Installation of new curbs and sidewalks.
- Continued work on the Carp River bridge including pouring of the foundation, forming of the bridge deck and installation of the deck support frame.
Residents may experience traffic interruptions near the Didsbury Road and Campeau Drive intersection to allow for sewer, watermain, and roadwork. Periodic off-peak lane closures or roadway narrowing may be experienced to allow for layout and utility investigation work.