On May 8th, community members gathered at the Richcraft Rec Complex to take part in a workshop on cycling in the city. The presentation by Jen Stelzer of Envirocentre covered a variety of topics, including:
- basic bike safety equipment and hand signals
- proper lane positioning
- different options for making a left turn
- how to use bike boxes and crossrides
- how to pass a line of parked cars
- how to ride safely around large vehicles like buses and trucks
Participants also asked plenty of their own questions, and had a chance to pick up some free maps and safe cycling handbooks. Our thanks to Jen for hosting this workshop.